Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Summary Post C4K 1, 2 and 3

Kids Blogging

This is my first summary of a 5th grade student's blog from Canada. I read a few of the students blogs and I was very impressed with what they are doing. Not only are they connected but they seem to write much better than I did when I was in the 5th grade. I enjoyed everything I read and I was assigned to HT5025's post about his/her late arrival because of snow. I was very excited to see that this student was happy that he/she went to school and had fun that day. That is what learning is about! I speak from experience when I say that I learn a lot more when I am having fun and it also helps me to engage better as well. Here is a link to Mr. L's 5th grade class' blog post.
Mr. L's 5th Grade Blog

On February 15th I read the book about Fantastic Mr. Fox without reading the book. Kayla and Sylvia made a podcast about the book and they pose questions regarding the book and answer them so that we can have idea of what the book is about. They taught a great lesson through their podcast and I think this is an awesome way to get students involved and interacting throughout the world. I am thousands of miles away and still got a chance to watch the podcast given from Korero Pt. England School in New Zealand. These two students are in the 6th grade and are far beyond the level I was at in 6th grade. Of course, computers weren't as effective in 1993 either and I think they will continue to become more important as we move into the future.
KPE Episode 339 By Sylvia and Kayla

Today is February 22nd and this was my final post for the month to C4K. I was assigned to Te Rina a 9 year old at Pt. England School in New Zealand. I enjoyed reading her post except for the fact that she got bit by a spider. After she recovered from her bite she went on to become a superhero and saved people's lives. I am so glad to see so many wonderful student blogs from this school. They have done a great job and if you would like to visit Te Rina's page I am going to put it at the end of my post.
Te Rina's Page

No comments:

Post a Comment