Friday, March 25, 2011

Blog Assignment #9

What I've Learned This Year by Mr. McClung
Always continue learning



Mr. McClung has taught me well in his reflection of his first year as a teacher. I can always appreciate someone who continues to learn regardless of how much they may know. Flexibility and being open minded are two things that I was able to relate to. Children do not always live to the expectations that we set for them, since we are adults we have to remember that they are still children and may not comprehend what we are trying to communicate. Building relationships with students as well as teachers can help us realize the things we need to work on with our lectures. We should always keep the ability to be learn in order to make sure that what we are attempted to explain is understood. His thoughts and ideas are some that I use and will continue to use. Feel free to check out the blog as I will post it below.
Mr. McClung's 1st Year

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking the same on his points of view from how to become a better teacher to building a good relationship with the students. He stated that we should never stop learning which is great because there is always new ideas coming out that is changing how we teach. When he states his expectations of the students that is also on mark because I do that to some of the athletes that I help coach. You want those expectations to pan out but they won’t if they are too high.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenneth,

    I am glad to hear that you really learned a lot from Mr. McClung. I also think he is a great teacher, and I am already using his advice in the classroom. As teachers we must always be willing to learn and adapt to new things. You should definitely remember this post because it will be extremely helpful to you in the future.

    ReplyDelete